We have many requests daily for COVID-19 tests for patients in the outpatient setting. We at TCC have very limited testing capability and are following the strict guidelines by the Oregon Health Authority and the CDC. These guidelines are part of a the massive effort to conserve personal protective equipment (PPE) which must be worn to administer each test, and to avoid overloading the laboratories processing the tests already for hospitalized patients.
For mild illness that does not require hospitalization, the advice remains the same: stay at home and isolate until symptoms are resolved.
If you are sick and need some advice from a physician we have TeleHealth appointments available 7 days a week! Please call the clinic to schedule.
For further reading in this, please see the linked article:
Due to COVID-19 and scheduling changes, TCC online scheduling services have been temporarily disabled.
The Children's Clinic is here for you. Our doctors can now help your family over your smartphone or computer. Please call our office to schedule your TeleVisit.
We have increased advice phone line staffing; however, we are still experiencing extended wait times.
The Children’s Clinic is monitoring the evolving situation with COVID-19 and following Centers for Disease Control (CDC) recommendations. So far, experience with this virus, has shown healthy kids and infants are not experiencing severe illness. While there is potential for severe sickness with COVID-19, there are also many cases of mild illness.
Call The Children’s Clinic if your child has:
- A worsening cough or difficulty breathing.
- A fever for longer than 72 hours (3 days).
Ways to prevent contracting COVID-19:
- WASH HANDS with soap and water for 20 seconds or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if unable to wash hands.
- Avoid touching your face, mouth and nose with unwashed hands.
- Avoid contact with others who are sick.
Ways to prevent spreading COVID-19:
- STAY HOME if you are sick.
- Take care of mild symptoms at home.
- When coughing or sneezing do so into your sleeve or a tissue and then wash your hands.
- Clean surfaces like door handles and countertops
COVID-19 symptoms are similar to seasonal influenza:
- Bad cough
- Difficulty breathing
- Shortness of breath
Additional COVID-19 Resources: