Continue to offer a well balanced diet. Foster open communication with your child and answer questions regarding development, family values, school issues and other topics of interest. It is important for teens to have accurate information about their health and have a concerned adult listen to them and talk with them.
From Eleven to Thirteen Development will include:
- Onset of puberty, often accompanied by growth spurts
- Development of concrete thought processes
- Increased involvement in extra curricular activities
- Increased awareness of body image and diet
- Development of peer and family relationships