At The Children’s Clinic we are able to offer you an opportunity to connect with one of our pediatric physicians or a behavioral health provider through a telehealth visit using Zoom software. Telehealth visits use live video and sound to connect you for your visit. The telehealth appointment is as private as if you were in a provider office. We use secure software to connect with you ensuring only your provider is in the virtual room, during the time of the appointment.
Over the past few days there have been many new articles addressing safety on Zoom meetings. We want to reassure you that we are taking every step possible to make sure our visits are safe and protected. Most importantly we have added in a virtual waiting room thereby ensuring that the only people in the meeting are those admitted by the physician.
Tips for a successful virtual visit with your provider –
- The patient must be present for the provider to complete the appointment.
- If you have a scale available, please obtain a weight on your child so we can update our records.
- If you have a thermometer, please have this with you during the visit so you can check a temperature if the provider needs this information.
- We also recommend having a flashlight available. If you are using a computer or tablet to complete the visit your flashlight on your cell phone is acceptable. If you are using your cell phone for the visit, please have a flashlight available.
- Please have your child dressed in an easily accessible outfit so the provider can examine the skin if needed.
- Please be in a well-lit room free of excess noise. We do not recommend completing a virtual visit while in the car or driving as this is very distracting and takes your attention from the road.
- Forms for your virtual visit can be found on the Forms page.
If you are unable to keep the appointment time scheduled please let us know so we can reschedule your appointment.
We want this to be as close to a normal office visit as possible so we can best care for your child.
You can connect with your given meeting ID and password to connect with your provider.
Need help getting your computer or phone to work with Zoom?